2021 ~ Flash the Plastic and Buy a Rig!

January 21, 2021 Trump is OUT. Now America is Great Again! Keep an eye out for the Sedition Caucus (A group of Four  Senators). Will they Survive the next Election cycle ? January 17, 2012 Shirt Pocket SSB Transceiver January 11, 2021 Presentation by g0fuw and n6qw to the  Radio Society of Great Britain Tonight at 8 Webinar When You know Stuff, You can do Stuff! Pete N6QW   2021~ My Hobby Takes a U Turn! The New Normal ~ Flash the Plastic! Buy a Rig!  Just Operate and Work Contests! Homebrewing may be Dead! 73's Pete N6QW

2021 -- The Dawn of New Projects

  Some Old Boat Anchors ~ They Live Again! Updated 1-05-2021   Preview of Rigs yet to be seen: Swan 120, Drake TR-4, Ten Tec: Triton II, Triton IV (544), Omni C (546), Galaxy V, WRL Duo-Bander, Atlas RX110. Swan 240 ~ State of the Art in 1963!   The SBE-33 SSB Transceiver WRL Duo-Bander 84------    Yaesu FT-101EE KWM-2  National NCX200 and NCX3 Look at what was leading edge 60 Years ago, so we can see and appreciate what we have now! Pete N6QW

Ending the Year of New Technology

A Bright Spot on the New Technology Frontier! December 29, 2020 ~ Just a Few Days Left! How it used to be done! Four Tube (TOOB) SSB transmitter with 10 Watts output, See Editor's and Engineers, Radio Handbook, 18th Edition (W6SAI), and the Transistor Radio Handbook from Les Earnshaw (ZL1AAX)  and Don Stoner (W6TNS) circa 1963. This predates the IC-705 and the FTdx10. (Costs less too!) Happy New Year! 73's Pete N6QW December 26 --- Fun With Homebrew Rigs. Thanks Wes & Terry! Christmas 2020 ~ Pasta Pete at Work. *** Enter the Backpack SDR Project! What a great way to end 2020 and to light off 2021. This SDR project involves the use of the Teensy 4.0 or 4.1 along with COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) hardware to form a SDR Transceiver. It will eventually have a waterfall and spectrum display (ILI9341 or ILI 9488) that are TOUCH SCREEN displays. A new ".io" group has been formed for this project found at A word about the COTS -- the main

Donald J Trump ~ The Electoral College has voted and You are a One Term Loser!

The One Term Loser is Irrelevant -- Just stop Listening to or Talking about Him.  What is a group of clowns called? Answer : Clown Alley Where can you find Clown Alley? Answer: Anywhere there are the filing of frivolous Law Suits to overthrow the 2020 election! Is there a Chief Clown?  The answer is self-evident! One Term "LOSER" It is over Donald -- you are THE LOSER! America has made a clear statement ---- You're Fired!

New Technology Wish List for 2021 ~ What we need.

Less than 4 Weeks until 2021 --- Looking ahead to what is needed from Technology! December 7, 2020 Never Forget Pearl Harbor -- A Day of Infamy More things that I wished could be cured with a liberal dose of New Technology. Butt ... Pete N6QW We have seen some pretty amazing technology advances this year and many have or will directly affect our hobby. Today I saw a single board computer for sale on Amazon (~ $60) that is geared toward AI and has a built in high quality display so it will follow faces and do facial recognition. Imagine saying --tune 7.255 MHz so I can hear a bunch of supposed adults use profane and vulgar language. Boom, your rig does just that and tunes 7.255 Megahertz! Wow! But here are some technology things I would like to see come out in 2021.  A filter system implemented on January 20th 2021, that  for Trump, anytime he tweets or opens his mouth or tries to hold a rally it is automatically filtered from my computer, phone and TV. This would do much to heal this n

New Technology for 2020 ~ Homebrewing Radios is Dead!

As 2020 Winds Down there is but one Conclusion ... Rolling your own rig is Over! 11/29/2020 Hackaday has some info that matches what I have said Ham Radio Needs To Embrace The Hacker Community Now More Than Ever | Hackaday ************************************************* Wow that should draw the ire of the homebrew community both far and wide. But ask these questions and see if you do not reach the same conclusion?  How often do you hear that some one is making contacts running a home constructed station? Or how often you personally work a station running a homebrew transceiver? Percent wise does it ever hit three percent? (One % would be a likely landslide.) The homebrewers as a set are mostly old timers wanting to live the glory days of yesteryear. But ask how many hams under 30, completely build their stations? Conversely most over 60 will say they used to build stuff; but state the eye hand coordination is gone. Those in between likely have families and other commitments and thus

New Technology for 2020 ~ The tumultuous year of 2020 is fast closing. Buy an HL2!

  The Why you should Buy! Get an HL2. November 20, 2020 ~ Some Musings.  This is not about radio stuff! Next week we will start the Holiday Season with Thanksgiving and in about a month will be Christmas. Please follow the CDC advice about Holiday gatherings. Simply stated, DON'T travel or have large gatherings. But I want to reflect about a Holiday gathering on December 24th 1945. It was a celebratory day as just a week before I turned four years old and on that day, my Dad and four Uncles had all returned home from the war -- all were alive and looking forward to restarting their lives.  The first question I asked my Dad was if I was going to get a "knife gun" for Christmas which was the next day. He said something to me which I have never forgotten: "He said Petey, (the name I was always called, as his name was Pete too) you never want a knife gun, as it has only one purpose and that is to kill others." Fast forward exactly 20 years and in December 1965 there