Approach Resolved ~ A Good News Story!
I am happy to report that I have a new path for installing my new Tri-Band Beam antenna. Here is the plan.
- The new antenna will use the Spider beam 10M Heavy Duty mast as the support structure.
- The mast will be bottom rotated using a Yaesu G450 rotator.
- The rotor base section will employ a US Tower RP-3 base plate section that is normally installed in the top section of the tower but instead will be installed on a concrete base. My approach involves elevating the RP-3 base plate assembly approximately 3 inches above the concrete base to enable access to the rotor wiring. The elevating mechanism will be 3 inch steel angle stock which will be anchored to the 1 foot cube reinforced concrete base using 8 X 1/2 inch anchor bolts.
- Spider Beam was able to set me straight on how to route the coax so it does not get entangled in the guy rings.
- This has added immeasurably to the cost but will provide a solid installation. I only regret that I did not think of all of problems before purchasing some of the hardware that was initially bought. Someone will get a good deal on a Rohn H950 Mast and other associated hardware.
- I will post progress photos during the construction.