Skip to main content

August 22, 2024. Happy Thursday.

Wow it is good to be alive and yet conversely interesting to note how others view the world. I am referring to some you tube comments I have received regarding the Thetis software.

Mind you I am not a software weenie but simply a user. My use of the Thetis has been brief and my implying it is the Best SDR Software is simply repeating what shows up on the screen when you load the application. Comments include that it is not The Best because you can only field two receivers whereas SDR Console can field 8. The Noise Reduction to me seemed impressive. But I was told in one comment that the NR software is the brainchild of a Dr. Pratt and appears in other SDR software suites. (Not exclusive to Thetis). 

Then a comment about how the SDR software may not be updated and so The Best may only have a week life span as other new software is brought forward. 

Guys just take my video as a datapoint. It documents that noise reduction software can be pretty effective over having nothing to address the issue. I was simply excited to share what I experienced. 

Heard on 20M late last night. Two hams in the 5-call area discussing the DNC convention. One ham suggested the "demo-cratz" at the last minute would replace "Camula Harris" with Hillary Clinton and it would be 2016 all over again. His speech was a bit slurred and perhaps he was the guy commenting on my Thetis video.  

TYGNYBNT

73's
Pete N6QW

Popular posts from this blog

Sept 13, 2024. A Simple SSB Transceiver

Sept 12, 2024. Some Homebrew being done Offshore.

Sept 11, 2024. Everything that is folded is to be rolled and everything rolled is to be folded!

Sept 14, 2024. More Homebrew Stuff

Sept 16, 2024. How a Real Radio should look like!

Sept 15, 2024. Homebrew from ZL2 and LA3 Land

Sept 10, 2024. When a 50 DB over S9 Signal is not enough Fire in the Wire