Skip to main content

July 23, 2024. AI to the rescue -- never happen!

I have been vexed with a ring around my toilet bowl. It has given me nightmares and the supposed super toilet bowl cleaners on Amazon are a huge joke. Bezos' stuff is expensive and does nothing to remove the ring!


In desperation I turned the problem over to the micro-shaft AI Co-pilot. I spoke the question asking for recommended toilet bowl cleaners. This is no BS, as the co-pilot AI came back with a listing of recommended bowling ball cleaners. The Co-pilot AI must have been trained in China where English is not a 1st Language.
 

 

So, then I typed in the question and the #1 response was the 9th Grade Science Project answer. Start by pouring a box of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda into the bowl and let stand an hour and then dump in a bottle of Vinegar -- watch the foam devour the ring. The next steps suggest you will still have to scrub like hell with a pumice stone to lift the ring.

In an earlier foray into AI using Chat GPT, the answer was to find toilet bowl cleansers that contain a 3% solution of peroxide. I wonder if in the presence of other stuff, I have tried, the H2O2 would become an explosive mixture? On Amazon I found a 12% solution of H2O2 and that would be my 1st choice reasoning 12 is better than 3.  I hope it doesn't explode!

So, the quest goes on -- any blog readers have an answer to my question about how to have the toilet bowl ring disappear? One wise ass SOB suggested I just buy a new toilet. This one is only 6 years old.

This brings us to ham radio inquiries on the Co-Pilot. I asked what the best ham rig is out there and got responses that were for non-mainstream rigs like an Yaesu FT-60R. Then I modified the inquiry to ask best HF rigs and two listings came back for Elecraft, the KX3 and the K4D. No mention of the high-end FLEX and Apache ANON. 

Ah Ha -- you need to refine the question, so you include evaluation parameters. Next, I asked the Co-pilot AI what the best HF Ham Radio is considering IMD and cost. The answer was junk!

Eimac 3CX3000A7 (A Hi-Power RF Tube)
Elecraft K2 (noting it was not a transceiver)
Ten Tec Omni VI+ (since it also could do split operation)
ICOM IC-736 and IC-761

None of those radios (except the K2) on the list are made today and obviously many radios that actually answer the question are nowhere to be seen. We only need to look up Rob Sherwood's (NC0B) evaluation website and we can see the IMD performance from best to worst.  Of course, cost is a matter of how much headroom is still left on your credit card.

Bottom line the Co-Pilot AI deserves a place of honor right next to a Nano VNA! Not believable and gives erroneous answers!

TYGNYBNAI = Trust Your Gut Not Your Butt Nor Artificial Intelligence

73's
Pete N6QW


Popular posts from this blog

Sept 3, 2024. The Top of Cycle 25 may be near at hand. Build a Beam!

Sept 4, 2024. Match that antenna!

Sept 6, 2024. Time for courtesy and civility.

Sept 2, 2024. Thank the labor movement for the day off.

Sept 5, 2024. Up Periscope!

Sept 7, 2024. Those 20kHz wide Hi Fi SSB Signals

Sept. 1, 2024. Labor Day weekend 2024 and time to celebrate with a rig of old.