Skip to main content

Sept 26, 2024. It pays to look at the data!

 

One purpose of this blog is to share some Tribal Knowledge. So aside from providing me a soap box to vent about the ARRL, I also try to highlight portions of stuff I have done or to present information on complete projects.

Sticking out like a sore thumb, the one posting that garnered about 6X the normal daily views was the Jan 26th posting on the 30M CW transceiver. This was a rig I designed, built and had published in QRP Quarterly.  Recently ZL2CTM's Simple SSB Transceiver got about 3X. Consistently most other postings get the usual small number of daily views. 

It takes effort to prepare a blog and in reality, is a great outlet to add a bit of diversion from the daily shifts at the Board and Care facility. This in itself is likely the only reason I continue. 

But given we always want something more than day old bread; I really have to stretch picking subjects that cover a wide spectrum of readers. 

On balance realizing that hardware homebrewing is dying off, I do try to add in some items that would appeal to those who have software chops. The recent Orange Pi posting got a ho hum reception likely because you have to do more than just open the box and plug it in.

So, as I search to find subjects that perhaps come close to the Jan 26th posting views, I do hope those few who read the blog continue to do so. 


A Military Field Radio from WW1



 This falls into the category of HDR (Hardware Defined Radio) most likely pretty crude by today's standards and over 100 years old! The requisite photo to catch blog readers.

TYGNYBNT. Don't eat your pet!

73's
Pete N6QW

Popular posts from this blog

Sept 21, 2024. More Homebrew SSB Radios

Sept 24, 2024. More from the Land of Oz (Amazon)

Sept 23, 2024. AGC from W7ZOI~ Hybrid Cascode Circuit

Sept 20, 2024. The Motorola Lapdock. (I did not misspell Lapdog.)